Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Dedicated to Leonie K. (1993-2012)

It is with great sadness that I dedicate this crane to Leonie Kong.  I found her blog online when I first started this project.  Her blog caught my attention because it was named "dancing paper cranes" - I was so impressed with Leonie's strength and attitude regarding her battle with cancer.
I have heard from two of her friends this week with the sad news that she passed away on July 6th.
This crane is dedicated not only to Leonie - but to her family and friends.  Losing someone we love is not easy.  My thought and prayers are with them all.  Leonie was an amazing young woman.
I was asked to put a quote from Leonie on a crane for her.
"I'm just trying to live my life to the fullest without any regrets."
Leonie Kong
1993-2012

No comments:

Post a Comment