Saturday, November 23, 2013

Dedicated to Shauna


I left this crane at the Shrine of St. Therese in Fresno in honor of Shauna.   She passed away from a rare form of leukemia.   Shauna's grandmother asked me to dedicate a crane to her and leave it somewhere for some one to find. 
She was so very, very special
And was so from the start
We held her in our arms
But mainly in our heart.
 
And like a single drop of rain
That on still waters fall,
Her life did ripples make
And touched the lives of all.
 
It is so hard to lose a child that you love.  I have always felt that when we lose someone at a young age . . . it is because God calls that special soul to be with him for a reason only he knows.  It is important to treasure the memories that we have and be thankful that we had time we were blessed with them . . .
My prayers to Shauna's family.

1 comment:

  1. See if this comment reaches you Clare. All my best and gratitude for posting this blog in honor of my sweet granddaughter Shauna. Her mother loves it too.

    ReplyDelete