Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Dedicated to Pete Kubicek

(dropped @ Church of Christ - Clovis, CA on 3/13/12)
"Live so that when your children think of fairness and integrity, they think of you."  ~ H. Jackson Brown
Yesterday was my father's birthday.  I dedicate this crane to him . . . he passed away nearly two years ago after being diagnosed with lymphoma.  I am somewhat surprised that I am having a hard time putting into words what I would like to say about him.  I think about him all the time and the kind of man that he was.  After learning that he was so sick and had only a short time to live - he handled his death with a strength and dignity that I have never seen.  He seemed to handle his living the same way.  Like so many men of his generation - he was a man of few words and rarely showed emotion - which could be very frustrating for me at times - but I learned to accept him for the way he was.  I love and miss him - and I am proud to be his daughter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment