Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Room 12 and the 37 cranes . . .

This post is for the 34 students in Mrs. Crow's 4th Grade class.  They just finished reading the story of Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes. 
Mrs. Crow is a friend of mine and she happened to be in a coffee shop one morning when someone found one of my cranes.  She was talking about it and discovered that I had started this blog and was folding 1000 cranes.  She asked me if I would talk to her class about my project and show them how to fold a crane.
So today I visited her classroom.
Her students had a chance to look and my blog.  I told them a little about my 1000 crane project.
They had lots of questions and information for me also.
Every student folded a crane.
Folding a crane isn't really hard - but if you have never done origami before - some of the folds can be a little tricky at first. 
A few of the kids helped others once they knew how to make a fold.  It was fun to see them working together and talking about the cranes and my project.
One little girl told me that she was going to fold 1000 cranes.
After talking about this . . . Mrs. Crow asked her class if they would like to fold 1000 cranes and send them to the Memorial in Honor of Sadako Saski in Japan.
I told them I would also help them with their project.
So room 12 is now going to try to fold 1000 cranes. 
They all did such a great job!  They are a tremendous group of kids!
So here is to Mrs. Crow and her 4th grade class at Jefferson Elementary!

























4 comments:

  1. thankyou miss smith kalista from room 12

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome Kalista! I hope your class can fold 1000 cranes to send to Japan. I will help you fold some of them.

      Delete
    2. Way to go Kalista1!!! Proud of your manners...character counts ticket on Monday!

      Delete
  2. Clare...you are AMAZING!!! Thank you so much for coming in to share your knowledge. The kids are eager to make 1,000 cranes and I can't wait to see how proud they'll be of themselves as we send them off to Japan!
    Hugs to you my friend :)

    ReplyDelete